But First, What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect on 25 May 2018 is a new privacy law introduced in the European Union that need to be implemented in all member countries. In short, it’s about personal data protection of all the European Economic Area citizens.
It includes new rights to individuals regarding how their personal data is collected, processed and stored. This means that there are also new rules for organizations on how to manage personal data under the regulation.
A short reminder: Personal data is all the information that can be used to identify an individual. These are not only name, address, email address, a phone number or IP address, but also sensitive personal data, such as health information, political views, biometric data, etc. However, as you can guess, SecurionPay doesn’t store any sensitive information.
- Improved readability. We’ve reorganized the policy to make it more clear and easier to understand, with more straightforward language.
- Right to be forgotten. You can find information on how to correct or even delete your personal data from SecurionPay database at any time. You can also unsubscribe from any type of communication from us, even though we don’t recommend this as it’s the communication channel that notifies you of Visa and MasterCard regulation changes and any updates important for your payment processing infrastructure.
- More control over your information. The policy also explains how you can make choices regarding your information to keep it secure. Please note that SecurionPay was built with privacy in mind from the very start.
- All SecurionPay updates are compliant with GDPR.
- SecurionPay won’t be changing the way we already collect or use your personal data.
- You have the right to have your personal data erased.
- We only send important emails with product updates and information that are crucial for your payment processing infrastructure.
Latest posts by Sandra Wróbel-Konior (see all)
- Visa Trial Subscription Updates—What You Need to Know - March 20, 2020
- Original Credit Transaction—What Is OCT and How It Works - February 11, 2020
- Best Credit Card Checkout UX Practices—An Ultimate Guide to Online Payments - January 29, 2020